Grilled Chicken Involtini
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the involtini:
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 chicken breast cutlets
- 8 slices Prosciutto di Parma
- 8 slices provolone picante cheese
- 8 oil cured sundried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- As seen on: Giada Entertains, Episode 7. Tuscan BBQ.
- Preheat a grill to medium high heat. Move the coals so that one part of the grill has indirect heat.
- In a small bowl stir together the parsley, lemon zest, olive oil and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl mix together the oregano, salt and red pepper flakes. Lay a chicken filets flat on a board lengthwise and season all sides with the salt mixture. Place a piece of prosciutto on each filet. Fold each piece of provolone in half and place on top of the prosciutto. Followed by 1 sundried tomato. Working one at time, roll the chicken over the tomato and seal by sticking 2 parallel skewers through the roll. Proceed with the remaining chicken placing 2 rolls on each pair of skewers for easy flipping. Drizzle the chicken with the olive oil and grill starting directly over the coals. Sear the chicken on all sides flipping as needed for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Move the skewers to indirect heat and continue to cook for an additional 10 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Remove the skewers from the involtini, slice and serve drizzled with the parsley oil.