Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
If I do say so myself, this is the ultimate chocolate chip cookie. I made five hundred of them for my wedding!
Giada's Loaded Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookies
Cooking Level: Beginner
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, 2 sticks, at room temperature
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 ounces English toffee candy, finely chopped (recommended: Heath or Skor)
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted, skinned and chopped
- 1 12-ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line 2 heavy baking sheets with parchment paper. Finely chop the oats in a food processor. Transfer the oats to a medium bowl. Mix in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars in a large bowl until fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and stir just until blended. Stir in the toffee, hazelnuts, and chocolate chips.
- For each cookie, drop 1 rounded tablespoonful of dough onto sheet, spacing 1 inch apart (do not flatten dough). Bake until the cookies are golden (cookies will flatten slightly), about 15 minutes. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely. (The cookies can be prepared 1 day ahead. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.)
Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 70mg | Potassium: 36mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 129IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg