Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
There’s no rolling, breading, or fuss required in this chicken cordon bleu! It couldn’t be easier, and better yet – it’s all in one pan. Dinner in 15, sorted!
Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 5ounce chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 slices approximately 1/4 pound thinly sliced black forest ham
- 8 slices approximately 1/4 pound thinly sliced emmentaler or swiss cheese
- In a small bowl mix together the mascarpone and the mustard. Set aside.
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Heat a large oven proof skillet over medium high heat. Add the oil and continue to heat for an additional minute. Season the chicken breasts evenly with the salt. Place the chicken in the pan and cook for approximately 4 minutes on the first side or until golden brown. Flip the chicken and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until just cooked through. Remove from the heat. Place 1/2 slice of swiss cheese on each chicken breast. Lay 2 slices of ham on top of the cheese on each breast. Divide the mustard sauce evenly over the ham and top with the remaining cheese slices. Place under the broiler for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted, golden brown and bubbly.