The garlicky olive oil spread with parmesan takes just a minute to mix together, and it takes sweet summer corn to the next level.
Corn on the Cob with Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ears yellow corn husked, halved crosswise
- Heat the oil in a heavy small skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until tender and fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove the skillet from the heat and cool. Set aside 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese and stir the rest into the garlic mixture, along with the parsley and salt.
- Cook the corn in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Using tongs, transfer the corn to a platter. Brush the cheese mixture over the hot corn and serve. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of cheese on top of the corn.