Slow Cooker Italian Wedding Soup
Giada De Laurentiis
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 dried bay leaf
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- 3/4 pound ground beef sirloin
1 cup short pasta, such as Ditaloni or Elbow
- 2 1/2 ounces baby spinach (roughly chopped)
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Pour the broth into a 4 quart slow cooker and add the bay leaf.
- In a medium bowl using a rubber spatula combine the egg, garlic, salt, oregano, parmesan cheese, and breadcrumbs. Add the meat and mix well with your hands until evenly combined. Shape the meat mixture into 1 teaspoon size meatballs and place them in the broth. Cover and set the slow cooker to high for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, stir in the pasta. Replace the lid and set on high for 30 additional minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir the spinach into the soup until wilted. Ladle into serving bowls and top with more parmesan cheese if desired.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 14 grams
- 18 grams
- 10 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 5 grams
- 63 milligrams
- 350 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 1 grams