You must be signed in to print this content
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed out
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (divided)
- 2 shallots (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 28-ounce can tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 2 teaspoons oregano (chopped)
- 1/2 pound 8 ounces no boil lasagna pasta sheets
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a medium bowl mix together the spinach, ricotta and parmesan, set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat a large straight sided oven proof skillet over medium high heat. Add the olive oil and ground sirloin. Cook stirring often for 4 minutes, breaking apart the meat with a wooden spoon, until the meat is cooked through and browned. Reduce the heat to medium. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, the shallots and garlic. Cook stirring often for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add the tomato paste and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly darkened in color. Add the crushed tomatoes and chopped oregano. Rinse the can with 1 cup water and add the water to the pan as well. Season with the remaining salt and bring to a simmer. Turn off the heat and remove almost all of the sauce to a separate bowl leaving a thin layer on the bottom.
- Spread the remaining sauce evenly on the bottom of the pan. Break apart a 1/3 of the pasta and place it like a puzzle on top of the sauce. Spoon a third of the sauce over the pasta. Dollop the half spinach ricotta mixture on top and sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella. Repeat with another third of the pasta. Spoon half of the remaining sauce on top of the pasta and spread evenly. Dollop with the remaining ricotta and sprinkle with another 1/2 cup of the mozzarella. Repeat with the remaining pasta, sauce and mozzarella. Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or until browned on top and bubbly around the edges. Allow the lasagna to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- This post is brought to you in partnership with Hunt's.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 26 grams
- 1 grams
- 4 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 3 grams
- 10 milligrams
- 33 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 24 grams