Frose, the Giadzy Way
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 750mL dry rose wine
- 1 cup strawberries (hulled and quartered)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange liquor (such as Grand Marnier)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- 4-6 basil sprigs (for optional garnish)
- Pour the rose wine into a 9x13 baking dish and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Add the strawberries, sugar and orange liquor to the pitcher of a blender. Allow to sit for 5 minutes to dissolve the sugar. Add the lemon zest and the frozen rose and puree on high for 45 seconds or until smooth and bright pink. Pour into glasses and garnish with a sprig of basil if desired.