You must be signed in to print this content
Chicken & Arugula Pesto Pitas
Giada De Laurentiis
- 2 whole-wheat pitas (halved and opened)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup Arugula Pesto (recipe follows)
- 2 store-bought rotisserie chicken breasts (diced into 1/4-inch pieces)
- 8 cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 cups packed arugula
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and halved)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For The Pita:
For The Arugula Pesto:
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Arrange the pita halves on a baking sheet and bake for 5 to 7 minutes until warmed through.
- For the pesto, blend the arugula and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. With the machine running, gradually add the oil until well blended. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in Parmesan and salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon zest and Arugula Pesto. Stir in the diced chicken.
- To assemble the pita pockets, fill each pita half with the chicken mixture. Top with tomatoes and 1/4 cup arugula and serve.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 18 grams
- 9 grams
- 42 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 8 grams
- 17 milligrams
- 704 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 2 grams