- 4 13”x18” sheets of phyllo dough
- ¼ cup (half stick) butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips, plus extra for sprinkling
Amarena cherries, for garnish
For The Phyllo Cups:
For The Cannoli Filling:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lay out a sheet of phyllo dough. Lightly brush one sheet of phyllo dough with some of the melted butter or coat it with cooking spray. Place another sheet on top, and repeat until you have 4 layers. Use a sharp knife or a pizza cutter to cut the layered phyllo into approximately 3-inch squares. Gently press each square into a mini muffin tin to form small cups.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes or until the cups are golden brown and crisp. Keep an eye on them as baking time may vary depending on your oven. Once done, remove from the oven and let them cool completely in the pan before transferring to a wire rack or plate.
- For the filling, in a mixing bowl, combine the drained ricotta cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined and smooth. Fold in the mini chocolate chips, if using.
- Once the phyllo cups are cooled, fill each cup with the prepared cannoli filling using a spoon or a piping bag. Top each cup with an Amarena cherry for garnish.Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 4 hours until ready to serve.