Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
Caprese skewers are a great appetizer, but I like to take it to the next level by using sun-dried tomatoes. They’re so deeply flavorful, and pair perfectly with the bright herbaceous basil and some fresh mozzarella. This appetizer couldn’t be easier to throw together, and everyone always loves it!
Sun-Dried Tomato Caprese Skewers
- 24 oil-packed sundried tomato halves, drained, oil reserved
- 24 medium basil leaves
- 24 small fresh mozzarella balls packed in water, drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Special Equipment: 12 8-inch wooden skewers
- Alternate 1 sun-dried tomato half, 1 basil leaf, 1 mozzarella ball, 1 more basil leaf, 1 more sun-dried tomato half and 1 more mozzarella ball on each skewer. Arrange the skewers on a platter. Drizzle the reserved oil from the sun-dried tomatoes over the skewers. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and serve.