Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
From ribeye to NY-strip, you can use any steak to top off this summery salad. Even the most carnivorous eaters will love this for dinner!
Steak Salad With Gorgonzola And Arugula
For The Salad:
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large head Belgian endive thinly sliced crosswise (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced into rings
- 3 cups fresh baby arugula
- 12 cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola coarsely crumbled
- Red Wine Vinaigrette recipe follows
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound steak such as New York, rib-eye or filet mignon, pan-fried or grilled and chilled
Red Wine Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine lettuce, Belgian endive, red onion, baby arugula and cherry tomatoes, and half of the cheese. Toss the salad with enough vinaigrette to coat. Season the salad with salt and pepper, to taste. Arrange the salad on a platter.
- Cut the steaks crosswise into thin slices. Arrange the steak slices atop the salad and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Drizzle more vinaigrette over the steak slices and serve.
- Mix the vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper in a blender. With the machine running, gradually blend in the oil.