My spicy melon salad is a fun and delicious way to upgrade any summer dinner. Cantaloupe, honeydew, and watermelon provide different textures and sweetness, while the serrano chili peppers, red pepper flakes, and whole peppercorns add serious heat to this summertime salad. The lime juice and honey round out the flavors of this zesty dressing. The best part? All you have to do is heat it for a few minutes to meld the flavors! It couldn’t be easier.
This is one of my favorites, but I have tons of other summer salad recipes that will make the season even brighter and tastier.
Spicy Melon Salad
- ½ cantaloupe seeds removed and cut into 1/3-inch slices
- ½ honeydew melon seeds removed and cut into 1/3-inch slices
- ¼ seedless watermelon cut into 1/3-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 serrano chili pepper minced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Maldon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon whole rainbow peppercorns
- Arrange the cantaloupe, honeydew, and watermelon on a large platter.
- In a small saucepan heat the lime juice, honey, and salt over low heat and cook until the honey has dissolved. Remove the mixture from the heat and cool completely.
- Whisk the olive oil into the mixture and add the serrano chili pepper and red pepper flakes. Pour the dressing over the melon slices and garnish with the Maldon salt.
- Put the peppercorns in a small plastic bag and using the bottom of a pot crush them until shattered but not powdery. Sprinkle over the salad.