Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
No Thanksgiving plate is complete without this ruby-red condiment. It’s even more delicious spread on leftover turkey sandwiches!
Simple Cranberry Sauce
- 1 1 pound bag fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest from 1 orange
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick broken in half
- Combine all the ingredients together in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Turn the burner off. Using the back of your spoon, lightly mash the cranberries to desired consistency. Remove and discard the cinnamon sticks. Transfer the cranberry sauce to a serving bowl. Chill until ready to serve.