Photo Credit: Ray Kachatorian
One of the easiest pasta dishes you’ll ever make, this is great as a light meal or as a side dish, especially for grilled fish. This dish was inspired by a famous pasta in Capri, and it’s quickly become a fan favorite both online and in my restaurants – it’s the #1 seller at my restaurant, GIADA, in Las Vegas! The secret for this dish is to really let the pasta sit for a few minutes in the lemon mixture, and be sure to add that pasta water.
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice from about 2 lemons
- 3/4 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper plus more to taste
- 1 pound dried spaghetti
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest from about 2 lemons
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, 3/4 teaspoon of salt, and ½ teaspoon of pepper to blend. Set the lemon sauce aside. (The sauce can be made up to 8 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before using.)
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Add the spaghetti to the lemon sauce, and toss with the basil and lemon zest. Toss the pasta with enough reserved cooking liquid, ¼ cup at a time, to moisten. Season the pasta with more salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to bowls and serve.