Photo Credit: Food Network
This rendition of an Italian olive relish is known as “bagna cauda”. Salty and herby, it pairs perfectly with grilled halibut.
Grilled Halibut with Italian Olive Relish
For The Relish:
For The Fish:
- Four 6-ounce skinless halibut fillets
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada on the Beach. Episode: Italian Surf 'n' Turf.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high.
- For the sauce: Put the olive oil, butter, anchovy paste, garlic and olives in a small skillet. Warm over medium heat until the butter is melted and the sauce is gently simmering, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the tomatoes and parsley.
- For the fish: Sprinkle the halibut fillets on both sides with the salt and drizzle with the olive oil. Grill until grill-marked and opaque throughout, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer the fish to a serving platter and spoon the bagna cauda over the top.