Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
This super easy pasta salad combines all the elements of a delicious antipasto platter – salumi, cheese, olives – in a no-fuss dish that only gets better with time.
Giada's Italian Pasta Salad
For the Red Wine Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
For the Antipasto Salad:
- 1 pound fusilli pasta
- 1/2 cup hard salami cut into strips (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup smoked turkey cut into strips (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup Provolone cheese cut into strips
- 1/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 3 tablespoons green olives halved and pitted
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers cut into strips
- 1/2 cup basil leaves chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a jar with a screw top lid, add the vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper and olive oil. Screw on the lid and shake vigorously until smooth and creamy.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta.
- In a large bowl, toss together the cooked pasta with the remaining salad ingredients. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve.