We took two quintessential cocktail snacks and turned them into one ultimate mix: Popcorn Cocktail Nuts! A little spicy, a little salty and a little sweet, this is the go-to snack mix for game day and cocktail hour.
Popcorn Cocktail Nuts
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashew nuts
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2 cups Sea Salt & Olive Oil Simply7 Popcorn
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a heavy baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg white and salt just until foamy. Add the maple syrup, rosemary and cayenne pepper. Stir in the nuts and sunflower seeds and toss until coated.
- Spread the nut mixture on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes. Add the popcorn to the baking sheet as well and toss with everything to mix.
- Cook for 10 more minutes or until nuts are crisp and brown. Let cool before serving or storing.