Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
The combination of almond butter, chocolate and orange zest in these popcorn bars creates pure magic. Store them in your fridge or freezer for a snack that’s the perfect sweet pick-me-up in the afternoon, or for a delicious dessert. Think rice krispy treats, but with a fun and unique twist – and, thanks to buttery popcorn, with a lot more flavor!
Chocolate and Orange Olive Oil Popcorn Snacks
- 4 heaping cups Simply7 by Giada De Laurentiis Butter popcorn
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest from 1 orange
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips such as Guittard
- Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking dish with coconut oil. Line the pan with one strip of parchment paper, overhanging the pan on each end, and set aside.
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, bring the maple syrup to a simmer over medium heat. Whisk in the almond butter and orange zest, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat and pour the mixture over the popcorn. Using a rubber spatula, toss to coat well, breaking up the popcorn a bit in the process.
- When cool to the touch, stir in the chocolate chips. Scrape into the prepared pan and smooth the top with the spatula. Refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour. Cut into bars and serve.