This is a real treat: a no-cook creamy pudding thats good for you. Once plumped in almond milk and creamy yogurt, chia seeds remind me of tapioca only they are high in omega-3s and fiber. Chia seeds can be found in some grocery stores these days as well as in natural foods stores. The great part, too, is that you make this pudding the night before. Come morning, you just pull it out of the fridge and top it with some almonds and fruit, and breakfast is ready.
Chia Seed Pudding
- 1 cup vanilla-flavored unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup plain low-fat 2% Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup preferably grade B, plus 4 tablespoons for serving
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 pint strawberries hulled and diced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds toasted
- In a medium bowl, gently whisk the almond milk, yogurt, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, vanilla, and salt until just blended. Whisk in the chia seeds. Let stand for 30 minutes. Stir to distribute the seeds if they have settled. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, in a medium bowl, toss the berries with the remaining 4 tablespoons maple syrup. Mix in the almonds.
- Spoon the pudding into 4 bowls or stemmed pudding glasses, mound the berry mixture on top, and serve.