Photo Credit: Quentin Bacon
Pasta pizza, or pizza di pasta if you want to get fancy, is a trick I learned from
my mom for turning second-day pasta in something new entirely.
Broccoli and Pasta Pizza
- 6 eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup heavy cream at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest from 1 small lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 heads broccoli cut on the bias into 1-inch pieces and blanched
- 3/4 cup Peppadew peppers diced
- 2 cups orzo cooked
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, salt, lemon zest, and pepper flakes. Stir in the feta cheese, Parmesan, broccoli, peppers, and cooked orzo.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil to the pan followed by the pasta mixture. Cook for 1 minute, stirring with a rubber spatula so the egg just begins to set. Remove from the heat and bake for about 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown, slightly puffed, and no longer wet in the center.