This mousse has the same great flavor as traditional varieties, just without the dairy. Avocado takes the place of butter, but its the flavor of the chocolate that comes through. Make sure the avocados are ripe so you get a smooth and not lumpy texture.
Avocado-Chocolate Mousse with Raspberries
- ½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips such as Ghirardelli
- 4 very ripe large avocados chopped
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup light agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Fresh raspberries for garnish
- Put the chocolate chips in a heatproof medium bowl. Set over a small saucepan of barely simmering water. Stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a food processor, combine the melted chocolate, the avocados, cocoa powder, agave, vanilla, salt, and almond milk. Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Spoon into glasses and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to 1 day.
- Garnish with raspberries before serving.