Tuna, White Bean, and Bitter Greens Salad
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 tablespoon capers (drained and chopped 1)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice from 2 large lemons
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (divided)
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 6.35 ounce jar tuna packed in olive oil, drained
- 2 Belgian endives (cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 1 small head radicchio (cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 1 small fennel bulb (shaved on a mandoline or thinly sliced with a knife)
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley leaves (lightly packed)
- In a large bowl, combine the capers, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard and whisk together. Continue whisking and drizzle in the olive oil in a steady stream until emulsified. Whisk in 1/4 teaspoon of the salt.
- Add the beans and tuna to the dressing, flaking the tuna into bite-size pieces with a fork as you add it to the bowl. Toss lightly to coat. Add the endive, radicchio, shaved fennel, parsley leaves, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt to the tuna mixture. Using your hands, toss the salad together, bringing the dressing up from the bottom of the bowl until everything is coated evenly.