Giada De Laurentiis
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts
- 8 ounces strawberries (hulled and halved)
1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (from 1/2 orange)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices brioche (1/2-inch slices)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains. Episode: Panini Party.
- In a food processor, pulse together the cream cheese, ricotta, hazelnuts, strawberries, honey, orange zest and salt until just combined and slightly chunky. Spread about 1/4 cup of the mixture on 4 slices of brioche. Top with the remaining slices to make sandwiches.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. (Alternatively, use a panini press.) Spread each sandwich on both sides with 1 tablespoon butter, and then sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
- Place the sandwiches in the skillet and cook until golden brown and caramelized, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Wait 1 minute before cutting the sandwiches in half. Serve immediately.