Giada De Laurentiis
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 garlic clove (peeled and smashed)
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- As seen on: Giada Entertains, Episode 5. Film Festival.
- In a small sauce pan over low heat, heat the olive oil with the butter and the clove of garlic until the butter is melted. Allow the oil to steep for 5 minutes. Discard the clove.
- Place a 3 quart dutch oven over medium high heat. Add the vegetable oil and heat until the oil dances on the bottom of the pan. Add the kernels and cover the pan with a lid. Shake the pan every few minutes to prevent burning. When you begin to hear popping, turn the heat to medium and shake the pan every 30 seconds until there are very few pops left in the pan. Empty the popcorn into a large bowl. You should have 6 to 8 cups of popped corn. Toss with the flavored butter mixture, the cheeses, the salt and the pepper.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 8 grams
- 9 grams
- 20 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 7 grams
- 30 milligrams
- 330 milligrams
- 1 grams