You must be signed in to print this content
Giada De Laurentiis
- 4 slices rustic white country bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced black forest ham
- 1/4 pound Gruyere cheese (grated on the large holes of a box grater, divided)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Place the slices of bread on a baking sheet and lightly spread each slice with the softened butter. Place under the broiler and toast for about 4-5 minutes until golden brown. Flip each slice over and toast the other side for another 3 minutes. Remove the tray from the oven.
- Using a butter knife or a small rubber spatula spread each slice of toast with some of the mustard. Divide the ham on to the 4 slices and top with some of the Gruyere, reserving a 1/4 cup for later use.
- Return the tray to the oven for 3 minutes to melt the cheese. Form the sandwiches by putting two slices of the topped toast together. In a small bowl mix together the remaining 1/4 cup Gruyere and the parmesan cheese. Divide the cheese mixture evenly on top of the two sandwiches. Return to the broiler and allow the cheese to melt, approximately 2 minutes. Serve warm.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 16 grams
- 20 grams
- 21 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 10 grams
- 71 milligrams
- 788 milligrams
- 2 grams
- 2 grams