Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
This pasta gets its creamy sauce from a combination of part-skim ricotta and water, which come together to make a really easy, lighter cream sauce. Don’t leave out the lemon zest; it brightens the flavor!
Whole Wheat Linguine With Ricotta, Green Beans And Tomatoes
- 1 pound whole-wheat linguine
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound French green beans trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon zested
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta reserving 1 cup of the cooking water. Transfer the hot pasta to a large bowl and add the ricotta cheese. Toss to combine.
- Meanwhile, in a large, heavy skillet, warm the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the green beans, garlic, salt, and pepper and saute for 4 minutes. Add 1 cup of the pasta cooking liquid and continue cooking until tender, about 4 more minutes. Add the pasta with ricotta to the pan with the green beans and toss to combine. Add the tomatoes and gently toss. Transfer to a serving plate and top with lemon zest. Serve.