The perfect refreshing drink for summer? Blend up fresh strawberries and watermelon spiked with tequila for a sweet and icey sipper.
Watermelon, Strawberry and Tequila Agua Fresca
For The Agua Fresca:
- 2 pounds cubed watermelon about 6 cups
- 4 cups diced stemmed strawberries measured from 1 1/2 pounds
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup silver tequila
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice from 1 large lime, plus extra as needed
For The Garnish:
- 3 whole strawberries halved
- 6 lime wedges
- Six 1-inch cubes watermelon
- Toss the watermelon, diced strawberries, sugar and salt in a large bowl to blend. Let stand until the sugar dissolves and a syrup forms, stirring occasionally, at least 15 minutes and up to 30 minutes.
- Working in batches, puree the fruit mixture with the tequila and 2 teaspoons of the lime juice, combining each batch in a large pitcher. Stir to blend. Add more lime juice if desired. Refrigerate until very cold, at least 1 hour and up to 3 hours.
For the garnish:
- Thread 1 strawberry, 1 lime wedge and 1 watermelon cube onto 6 skewers. Divide the agua fresca among 6 chilled glasses. Stick a skewer with garnishes into each drink and serve.