Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
This vegan pesto dressing goes so good on everything. Toss it in with pasta, salads, drizzle it on a caprese, or even grilled chicken or fish. It’s a great dairy-free alternative to pesto for someone who loves that profile of flavors. The almond butter adds in some heft and nuttiness that you normally get from pine nuts in a traditional pesto – and it somehow almost makes it taste cheesy!
Vegan Pesto Dressing
- 2 heaping cups packed basil leaves 5oz
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- To a food processor, add the basil, garlic, lemon zest and juice, almond butter, salt and pepper flakes. Pulse until everything is finely chopped and just starting to resemble a thick “dip” kind of consistency. With the machine running, pour in the olive oil. If necessary, add more salt or pepper flakes to taste.
- Store covered and refrigerated for up to one week.