Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
Quickly roasting cauliflower takes it from bland to brilliant. If you’ve never tried it, here’s your recipe. The capers, almonds, and Parmesan make this side dish a real standout.
Roasted Cauliflower with Capers and Almonds
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into 1-inch florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons capers chopped
- ‚Öì cup flat-leaf parsley leaves chopped
- ‚Öõ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup sliced almonds toasted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. In a medium bowl toss together the cauliflower, olive oil, and salt. Spread the mixture on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- In another medium bowl, mix together the capers, parsley, pepper flakes, and almonds. Set aside.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Toss and return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- With a spatula, scrape the bottom of the pan to release any of the good, browned cheese that may be sticking. Add the roasted cauliflower to the caper mixture and mix gently. Serve warm.