Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
These pretty crostini just bridge the gap between sweet and savory, making them a perfect cocktail hour bite with white wine or rosé.
Honey Ricotta Crostini
- 1/2 baguette
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coarse flake sea salt such as Maldon
- 3 tablespoons pink peppercorns crushed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a slight bias, slice the baguette into 1/4-inch slices. Brush the slices with the 1/4 cup olive oil, then place on a baking sheet and sprinkle with the 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bake until golden brown and crunchy, 10 to 12 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ricotta, lemon zest, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Once the crostini are cool, top each with 1 heaping tablespoon of ricotta mixture, a drizzle of honey, and a pinch of coarse salt and a sprinkling of crushed pink peppercorns. Serve at room temperature.