Giada’s famous Neapolitan-style pizza dough!
Giada's Famous Pizza Dough
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 1/4 cups flour, such as Petra
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- As seen on: Giada In Italy, Episode 6. Napoli Pizza Party.
- To the warm water, add the yeast and honey. Stir to dissolve. Allow the mixture to sit for 3 minutes to make sure the yeast is alive. It should foam and start to bubble.
- Place the flour and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook. Add the yeast mixture and mix on low speed until the mixture starts to comes together. Turn the speed up to medium and mix for 8 minutes. The dough should start to pull away from the sides but still remain soft and slightly sticky at the bottom of the bowl. Add an extra tablespoon of flour if needed. Coat your hands in a bit of olive oil and form the dough into a ball. Place the dough in a bowl that is coated in olive oil. Cover with a towel and allow to sit in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size. Knock down the dough and cut into 4 equal pieces if making small pizzas or simply reform into a ball and allow the dough to proof for an additional 1 hour. The dough is now ready to use.