Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
This versatile pasta dish is just as good of a meatless main as it is a flavorful side dish. While the pasta cooks, you can throw it all together in about 10 minutes – making it perfect for a busy weeknight!
Orzo with Cherry Tomatoes, Feta and Mint
- 1 pound orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 medium shallot finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic peeled and smashed
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup arugula
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the orzo and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, about 7 minutes. While the pasta is cooking, place the oil in a large saute pan over medium low heat. Add the shallot and garlic and saute until the shallot begins to soften and the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and warm through, about 1 minute. Add the warm tomato mixture to a large bowl along with the feta, arugula, mint, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Drain the orzo, add it to the tomato mixture and toss to coat. Drizzle with the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil and serve.