Photo Credit: Food Network
The flavors of melon and prosciutto will transport you to the Italian coastline – all in an easy make-ahead pasta salad!
Grilled Melon and Prosciutto Pasta Salad
For The Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
For The Salad:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces sliced prosciutto cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cantaloupe rind removed, cut into wedges
- 1 pound farfalle pasta cooked and cooled
- 1 cup pitted Castelvetrano olives halved
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada on the Beach. Episode: Summer Sunday Supper.
- For the dressing: In a large bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil and salt until emulsified. Add the basil, parsley, tarragon and Parmesan and stir to combine.
- For the salad: Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and prosciutto and cook, stirring often with a wooden spoon, until the prosciutto is brown and crispy, about 6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the prosciutto to a paper towel-lined plate. Let cool.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat. Place the melon wedges in the pan and grill until nice grill marks appear and the melon is slightly caramelized, about 1 minute per side. Remove to a cutting board and chop into bite-size pieces.
- Add the grilled melon, pasta and olives to the bowl with the dressing and toss well to coat. Sprinkle with the crispy prosciutto.