Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
This light and flavorful lunch stars the humble white bean, an ingredient that is celebrated all throughout Tuscany. It’s a perfect salad to quickly throw together on a warm day.
Lemony White Bean Salad
For The Salad:
- 5 packed cups 5 ounces arugula
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini or great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons capers rinsed and drained
For The Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice about 1 large lemon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Salad: In a large salad bowl, combine the arugula, beans, red onion, and capers.
- Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, maple syrup and lemon zest. Slowly whisk in the oil until smooth and combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat. Serve.