Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
Protip: When breading these delicious chicken fingers, use one hand for the dry part (flour and breadcrumbs) and one hand for the eggs. This way, you’ll only bread the chicken fingers – not yours!
Kid Friendly Italian Chicken Fingers
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 1 tablespoon salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Olive oil to drizzle
- 3/4 cup of store-bought or prepared marinara to serve
- Put an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Season the chicken tenders evenly with a teaspoon of salt.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour with the remaining 2 teaspoons salt. In a second medium bowl, whisk together the eggs. In a third medium bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs and parmesan. Dredge the chicken in the flour and then into the egg mixture. Allow any excess egg mixture to drip off and coat the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture. Arrange the breaded chicken in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake until golden and cooked through, about 13 to 15 minutes.
- Warm a bowl of marinara in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- Arrange the chicken on a platter and serve warm marinara on the side.