Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
Truth be told, this dish is both kid-approved and adult-loved. The inspiration came from Jade’s fondness of pizza and meatballs, and the combination turned out so delicious, we decided to put it on the kids’ menu at my restaurant GIADA in Las Vegas, too!
Kid-Approved Meatball Pizza
- 1 8.8 ounce package naan or flat bread (2 rounds)
- 1/2 cup jarred marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 pound fresh mozzarella cheese sliced
- 4 fully cooked 1 ounce meatballs sliced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 4 basil leaves chopped or torn
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lay the 2 naan flat on a rimmed baking sheet. Divide the sauce evenly among the 2 crusts and drizzle with the olive oil. Tear the cheese and divide evenly on top of the pizzas. Top with the meatball slices and the parmesan cheese. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes. Turn the oven to high broil and broil for an additional 4 minutes to brown the cheese. Sprinkle with the basil and cut into wedges.