A little protein with each meal is key to staying satisfied. With beans, pancetta, and cheese, this brothbased soup is packed with protein.
Italian White Bean, Pancetta and Tortellini Soup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces pancetta chopped
- 3 large shallots chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chopped Swiss chard one bunch
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 9-ounce package fresh cheese tortellini
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a heavy, large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta, shallots, carrot, and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pancetta is crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add the beans, Swiss chard, and broth. Bring the soup to a boil over medium-high head, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Add the tortellini and cook for 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.