This is actually a Venetian dessert called Sgroppino, but I add a bit of vodka to turn it into more of an elegant cocktail. Just a little bit of vodka has a neutral flavor, but it gives it that extra bit of a kick that I just love. It’s so fizzy and refreshing, I love it for spring and summer.
Italian Sorbetto Cocktail (Sgroppino)
- 1 cup chilled Prosecco Italian sparkling white wine
- 2 tablespoons chilled vodka
- 1/3 cup frozen lemon sorbet
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- Pour the Prosecco and vodka into 2 Champagne flutes, dividing equally. Spoon a scoop of sorbet into each flute. Sprinkle with mint and serve immediately.