Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
If Jade and her friends are any indicator, then kids love gummy worms! I love having a popsicle mold on hand, because there are just so many fun opportunities to make sweet treats for kids (and adults, too!)
In this case, these popsicles are made up of a quick homemade lemonade, and gummy worms. That’s it! It’s a super fun treat for kids. If you don’t have a popsicle mold, you can still make these by filling paper cups or even ice cube trays.
Gummy Worm Popsicles
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water divided
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice from 4 to 5 lemons
- 1/2 cup ice
- 8 ounces about 1 1/2 cups, gummy worms
- This recipe originated on an episode of Giada Entertains. Episode: Jade’s After Party.
- To a small saucepan add the sugar and 1/2cup water. Place over low heat and warm, stirring occasionally until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is just coming to a simmer. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice, remaining water and ice to cool until the ice is completely melted.
- Meanwhile, stuff 3 gummy worms in each of 10 (3 ounce) popsicle molds. Fill the molds with the cooled lemonade just enough to cover the worms. Freeze according to manufactures directions.