Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
This is a great summer side dish. Grilling is one of my favorite way to cook eggplants, as it gives them a good char without them getting mushy at all. Goat cheese, pine nuts, herbs and a balsamic vinaigrette give this tons of delicious flavor!
Grilled Eggplant and Goat Cheese Salad
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 Japanese eggplant ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch wide slices
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- 1/3 cup basil thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Drizzle the olive oil over the slices of eggplant and toss to coat. Grill the eggplants until tender and grill marks appear, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Place the eggplants side-by-side on a serving platter. Sprinkle with the pine nuts, goat cheese, basil, and mint. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.