I love the thicker, slightly silky consistency that chia seeds give this recipe‚Äînot to mention the omega-3s and fiber! It will keep you well fueled until lunchtime and it’s also gluten- and dairy-free.
- 1 cup rolled oats not quick cook
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup grade B preferred
- 1 cup mixed berries or stone fruit for serving
- 1/4 cup raw almonds for serving
- In a medium bowl combine the oats, chia seeds, almond milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and maple syrup. Stir together with a rubber spatula. Cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge overnight. To serve, spoon into 2 bowls or Tupperware containers and top with the fruit and nuts.