Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
This chopped antipasti salad has a twist that takes it to the next level: crunchy orzo!
Crispy Orzo Salad
For The Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons jarred green olive tapenade
- 1/2 teaspoon Calabrian chili paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
For The Salad:
- 1 - 2 hearts of romaine lettuce sliced thin
- 2 roasted red pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1 6 ounce combo package of provolone and genoa salami, sliced thin
- 1 fennel shaved thin
For The Pasta:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup par cooked orzo pasta*
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together the tapenade, chili paste, oregano, vinegar and olive oil. Season with the salt. Add the chopped romaine, roasted red pepper, fennel, provolone and salami. Toss well to coat.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. when the oil is hot, add the parcooked pasta and fry until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove to a paper towel lined plate and season with the salt. Sprinkle the crispy orzo over the top of the salad and serve.