Photo Credit: Ray Kachatorian
This is a great and tasty way to serve chicken FAST.
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts halved crosswise
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- All purpose flour for dredging
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice from about 2 lemons
- ¼ cup drained capers rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Sprinkle the chicken with the salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the flour to coat lightly. In a large sauté pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook just until brown, about 3 minutes per side. Using tongs, transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the broth, lemon juice and capers to the same pan. Bring the broth mixture to boil over medium-high heat, scraping up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan for extra flavor. Return the chicken to the pan and simmer until just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Using tongs, transfer the chicken to a platter. Whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter into the sauce. Pour the sauce over the chicken, garnish with the parsley, and serve.