Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
You’ll only need one pan to prepare this super-easy meatless pasta dish, which saves time on cleanup, too!
One-Pan Calabrian Chile Pasta
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup grated pecorino
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes quartered
- 3 tablespoons Calabrian hot pepper paste
- 1/3 cup chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a 10-inch high-sided saute pan, bring 1 inch of water (about 4 cups) to a boil over high heat. Add the penne and the salt. Cook, stirring often, until the pasta is al dente, about 9 minutes; there should be a little water left in the pan.
- Sprinkle the pecorino over the pasta; toss to coat. Add the tomatoes, chile paste, chives, lemon zest, lemon juice and olive oil, and toss.