Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
Burrata and Kale Salsa Verde Bruschetta
For the salsa
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Tuscan kale about 8 large leaves
- 1 clove garlic smashed
- 1/4 plus 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons capers drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread cut in half horizontally
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oil marinated sundried tomatoes roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts toasted
- 1/2 pound burrata or mozzarella about 2 medium balls
- As seen on: Giada In Italy, Episode 6. Sisters and Cousins.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse together the kale and garlic until roughly chopped. Add the salt, capers, anchovy paste, mustard and vinegar and pulse 1 or 2 more times. Add the oil and and run for 5 seconds. Set aside to let the flavors marry.
- Preheat a grill pan over high heat.
- Drizzle both halves of the bread evenly with the olive oil. Grill for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and charred in a few spots. Remove the bread to a cutting board. Spoon the salsa verde evenly over each half of bread. Tear the burrata over the salsa verde and sprinkle the tomatoes and pine nuts evenly over the tops. Cut the bread halves into slices and serve.