Photo Credit: Veronica De Laurentiis
For a comforting and easy one-pan chicken dinner, this will do the trick! Breaded chicken “nuggets” and potatoes bake until they get super crispy and golden-brown, and it takes just a half-hour to cook – which in this case, is just as simple as setting it in the oven. This recipe was adapted from Cucini Amo con Chicca, who also recommends that this is a great dish to play around with spices – even try adding curry powder to make something a bit different!
Baked Crispy Chicken and Potatoes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus more to drizzle
- 1 1/2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 small russet potatoes or 4 yukon gold potatoes peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- To a small bowl, add the chicken, a good pinch of salt and a drizzle of olive oil, just enough to moisten the chicken. Toss well to coat and combine.
- To a large bowl add the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, black pepper, garlic powder, oregano and a good pinch of salt. Mix well to combine. Add the seasoned chicken to the breadcrumb mixture and toss well to coat the chicken in the breadcrumbs. Remove the coated chicken from the breadcrumbs, leaving any remaining breadcrumbs in the bowl. Spread the chicken evenly on the prepared pan. Add the diced potatoes to the remaining breadcrumb mixture and toss well to coat the potatoes in the remaining breadcrumbs. Nestle the potatoes in between the chicken on the prepared tray. Drizzle the chicken and potatoes with the olive oil and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown, the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender. Serve warm with lemon wedges if desired.