Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
The Fourth Of July is the time to bust out all the most festive food – and while we have tons of patriotic bites in the form of waffles, pizza, cookies and more, we’re all about this snack tray this year! It’s easy to customize and make your own, too. Don’t love roasted red peppers? Opt for cherry tomatoes, strawberries, raspberries, or even fresh peppers. Make it vegetarian by removing the salame entirely, and use whatever light-colored cheese you love.
No fancy platters needed, either! You can build it all on a sheet tray without cooking a thing. Doesn’t get much better than that for an easy bite to feed friends and family.
Antipasti American Flag
- 2 cans black olives, for the blue
- 16-20 balls of mozzarella ciliegine, for the “stars”
- 1 1/2 cups red grapes, for one red stripe
- Two types of aged white-colored cheese for the white stripes
- 1 16-oz jar roasted red peppers, or giardiniera for one red stripe
- 6 oz assorted salami for one red stripe
- Special equipment: Sheet tray and Parchment Paper
- Place the parchment paper on the sheet tray. Drain and dry the black olives, and add them to the upper left hand corner of the sheet tray in a square shape. Drain and dry the mozzarella as well, and dot them on the olives for the “stars”.
- For the red and white stripes, add alternating lines of red grapes, cheese, red peppers, more cheese, and assorted salame.
- Serve with crackers or bread.