Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
These quick and easy meatballs make for a great weeknight warrior. The best part? They only take 20 minutes from start to finish, you have our word!
Got more time? Try Giada’s Classic Italian Turkey Meatballs next!
20 Minute Meatballs
- 1 24 ounce jar marinara sauce
- cooking spray
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 pound ground beef chuck or hamburger blend
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese plus additional to serve if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Pour the sauce into a medium sized, shallow sauce pan. Place over low heat and warm gently to a simmer. Spray a straight sided baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the egg, ketchup, beef, parmesan, oregano and salt. Using your hands mix everything together until evenly mixed.
- Form 1 1/2 tablespoon sized balls and place on the prepared tray. Place the tray in the preheated oven and bake for 5 minutes or until the outside is cooked and beginning to brown. Remove from the oven and carefully place the balls into the hot sauce. Cover the pan and raise the heat to medium low. Simmer for 7 minutes or until the meat balls are cooked through. Serve with additional grated parmesan if desired.