This Crostini Christmas Tree is about to be the new star of your holiday dinner.
This year, we’re all about keeping things as easy as humanly possible while still having fun (because the last thing we need in 2020 is to stress over food!) Enter this Crostini Christmas Tree – such an incredibly easy appetizer to pull off, and it’s so festive and adorable. We’re a little obsessed with it.
Oh, and the best part? It’s tomatoes, mozzarella, and pesto on crostini. You can’t go wrong with how delicious that bite is. Let’s get into it – here’s how to make your very own!
What you’ll need:
• Large cutting board, serving platter, or parchment laid out on a table
• 1 loaf baguette cut into 1/2-inch thick slices, on a bias
• About 1 cup pesto, either store-bought or homemade!
• 1 cup mozzarella ciliegine, halved
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
• Lots of fresh basil – around 2 cups!
• One 1/2-inch slice of fresh mozzarella, cut into a star shape
How to do it:
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Arrange the sliced baguette bread on a baking sheet. Brush with some olive oil. Bake until the bread is golden and crisp, about 5-7 minutes. When the crostini has cooled slightly, top them with the pesto.
2. On your serving platter, arrange the basil in the form of a Christmas tree (make it large enough to fit all of your crostini!)
3. Starting with the smallest crostini pieces at the top, start arranging your crostini on top of the basil to form your tree!
4. Once the crostini are arranged, top them with the halves of cherry tomatoes and mozzarella ciliegine.
5. Add your star-shaped mozzarella slice to the top, and voila – your Christmas tree is done. Happy snacking!