Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 12-ounce bone-in skinless chicken breast half
- 2 medium carrots (peeled and cut into ½-inch rounds)
- 2 celery stalks (cut into ½-inch pieces)
- 1 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 2 shallots (thinly sliced)
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 8 whole black peppercorns
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 dried bay leaf
- ½ cinnamon stick
- In a medium saucepan, bring 6 cups water, the chicken, carrots, celery, ginger, garlic, shallots, thyme, peppercorns, cloves, bay leaf, and cinnamon stick to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Strain the liquid, reserving the chicken and vegetables for another use. Cool the broth and refrigerate for up to 2 days, or strain and freeze for up to 1 month.